Wednesday, July 3, 2013

since we last talked

I wish I could say lots had gone on but my life is not that exciting. I have been thoroughly enjoying summertime, although the rain lately could really give it a rest. I recently returned from a trip home to God's country- Lexington, KY for those of you who don't know :) It was so pretty while I was there. Everything was green and it was light outside until just before 930. NINE THIRTY PEOPLE. It doesn't get any better than that. Going home makes my heart smile. 

The picture with the pool was taken at 9:15. Look at the sky. LIGHT at 9:15pm. I have been living on the east coast for too long.

I got to spend lots of time with my favorite sister..

..and throw a bridal shower for my best friend. She is holding the rest of the pictures hostage so this is the only one I have of us to share. I am obsessed with my dress. 50% off at j crew outlet a few days before I flew home. Meant to be!

That is a Vitamix she is opening. Girlfriend got some nice presents. Her mom and I said we will now require frozen beverages anytime we come over.

I also got to meet the beautiful Jill of Bluegrass Belle when I took her BarreAmped class! It was fun (and tough!) and she is such a great teacher. Thanks Jill! 

I made quick day trips to Cincinnati and Louisville to see some old friends and meet some new additions.

I also did some cleaning of drawers and closets and found some fun things.....
..my permit! Ah, to be 16 again...

This gem was taken in Myrtle Beach somewhere on the boardwalk. It was the summer between 7th and 8th grade and I went on vacation with my friend and her family. My only question is why is the reward only $25,000?! Surely we were worth more than that!?

And that's probably enough rambling about my trip. What is everyone doing for the 4th of July? I have to work on Friday, boo, so I will be taking it easy and spending some time by the pool with Katie and SSP. 

On a random note, I just got a Kindle so if you have any book recommendations please send them my way!

8 comments:

JMW said...

Glad you made it back to our fare state for a visit! I love how light it stays in the evenings in the summer - plenty of outdoor time. Have a happy Fourth of July!

KatiePerk said...

Did you get my last comment? It was posting weird!
$25000 does seem really low. :)

MCW said...

Ha! I have that same pic of me and a friend from Myrtle Beach! I don't know what we were worth though...

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love Lexington! It looks like you had a great time being home. Have you read Gone Girl? It's good and so is Night Circus.

Erica said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend at home!! the baby is soooo cute. LOVE your dress! We went up to my Aunts in Pawleys. Probably just relaxing the rest of the night

Jill said...

We so should have taken a picture! (before class of course, ha!)
Also...way to bring back the memories with that old learner's permit! Man it's no wonder people made fake licenses. It just looks like a laminating machine! ha

Tiffany Mendenhall said...

So many fun things! Such a sweet, precious baby!!

Elle Sees said...

hey love! i know this is fr ages ago, but wanted to say thanks for stopping by and commenting!