Sunday, July 6, 2014

St Maarten

It was a Monday in February. I was texting with my best friend when she mentioned her mom and some extended family were leaving for St Maarten on Friday and she was thinking of joining them. She asked if I wanted to go to. Haha, yeah right was my response. Then, because I love nothing more than looking at plane tickets, I jumped on the airline website and was shocked to find ticket prices were very reasonable. A lot of texting back and forth and 24 hours later I was leaving on Saturday morning for a long weekend trip to St Maarten! It worked out perfectly because my friend and I were able to meet up in Atlanta and fly in together. And thanks to an ice storm in Atlanta, my return flight on Wednesday was canceled and I was able to stay until Friday with everyone else. Here are some pictures from the trip.
day 1 - covered in SPF 50


day 3 - getting tanner

the view from our condo balcony

the whole group- minus Elizabeth



the water was gorgeous


Princess Juliana Intl Airport is somewhat famous because the runway is right off the beach and arriving flights come in very low. There are beach bars off to the side where you can sit and watch the airplanes land. Once we landed we headed to Sunset bar and grill to watch a few flights land. Here's a video I took.

video

If you google image the airport code, SXM, you can find some crazy pictures.
This was by far the best last minute trip I have ever been on!

3 comments:

KatiePerk said...

The water there was so blue!! My crews love going to that airport bar.

Jill @ Bluegrass Belle said...

What a nice little long weekend! Why does that stuff never happen for me? LOL

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

That looks like it was amazing!!